Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Consciously Controlling My Subconscious?


I had been back in New York City for weeks, but the Shaman's words followed me. When I couldn't shake that mountain top, I visited a crystal therapy gypsy. I wanted to know if she saw the same future for me as the shaman. I'm not sure if it's there any longer, but it was tiny shop on Clinton in the L.E.S. I found it interesting that a person, who it seemed to me had the same profession of predicting futures as my shaman, had such an objective opinion on the situation. The gypsy felt shamans were dangerous, and believing their readings ultimately was as self-fulfilling prophecy. She handed me a book on controlling my subconscious thinking, to rid me of the shaman's words, and sent me on my way.

Now, I'm not sure this worked. I read the book. I consciously thought about not subconsciously thinking about the shaman, but somehow, I only thought about it more.

I had lived in New York for over five years now, and was daftly aware that my sixth year was fast approaching. As I planned my path forward with my husband, friends, New York life, things were changing all around me; I was about to become Girl ReRouted.

No comments: